Latest Activity

Christine Clifford posted a discussion
yesterday
Yuriko Nakano posted an event

Free event: SWORDS Showcase - Hypnotic Spoken Words from Romania at Barbican Library

March 14, 2024 from 6pm to 7pm
Mar 5
An event by GLE Website Comms Team was featured
Thumbnail

Differently Various Art Exhibition at different spaces

March 5, 2024 to April 7, 2024
Mar 5
GLE Website Comms Team posted an event
Thumbnail

Variously Different Art Exhibition at different spaces

March 5, 2024 to April 7, 2024
Mar 5

Facebook

There are four Golden Lane Estate related facebook accounts and you can follow them here: goldenlaneEC1 

Golden Lane Estate / RCS site 

Save Bernard Morgan House

City of London

I have just had an email about grants of £500 for individuals who want to take on community projects. This is part of the Culture Mile.

If you are interested more information can be found here: https://www.culturemile.london/imagine-fund

Tim

Views: 97

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Tim.  Who is behind this?  I ask as I was stripped brutally of the communal garden I had built, as everyone knows, yet this post encourages such things.  I am left with having to take legal action for the right to restore some of the garden, for my mental well being, as well as it being of benefit to other residents, especially during the lockdown period, which causes general distress.  I would welcome any feedback.  Many thanks.  

Hi Maria,

The grants are coming from the City as part of the culture mile project. It is interesting that, while they are happy to spend £288 million + on a new concert hall, they are only giving a total of £5,000 to community projects.

Tim

Thanks Tim.  I take your point about the difference in the money spent on a concert hall as opposed to the grant of £5000.  Yet, it still appears hypocritical to encourage gardening in community projects, when they don't actually allow a communal garden!  I have sent the link to my solicitor for his views.  

RSS

© 2024   Created by Paul Lincoln.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service