Latest Activity

Christine Clifford posted a discussion
Tuesday
Yuriko Nakano posted an event

Free event: SWORDS Showcase - Hypnotic Spoken Words from Romania at Barbican Library

March 14, 2024 from 6pm to 7pm
Mar 5
An event by GLE Website Comms Team was featured
Thumbnail

Differently Various Art Exhibition at different spaces

March 5, 2024 to April 7, 2024
Mar 5
GLE Website Comms Team posted an event
Thumbnail

Variously Different Art Exhibition at different spaces

March 5, 2024 to April 7, 2024
Mar 5

Facebook

There are four Golden Lane Estate related facebook accounts and you can follow them here: goldenlaneEC1 

Golden Lane Estate / RCS site 

Save Bernard Morgan House

City of London

Hi all,

I'm fairly certain there must be a similar thread somewhere, but couldn't find it. I've just asked the porter to grab my meter readings and they're way higher than whatever the electricity company and I have projected.

I suppose the heating alone would cause the bulk of usage, but otherwise I have no idea why it would be so high. I live alone in a studio and the bills are comparable to that in my parent's flat (elsewhere in London), which is a lot bigger and has more people living there.

Does anyone know if there is a possibility of installing a smart meter or somehow tracking the usage better, as what I'm being charged at the moment seems fairly ridiculous.

Thanks,

Kirill

Views: 186

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I used to live in a studio in Cullum Welch house and my winter bills were more than a colleague of mine who lives in  a 3 bed flat with 2 other people. It was probably because of the heating as those flats were very cold and drafty.

I did enquire about a smart meter then but they said they couldn't fit it as the gas and electric meters weren't together. The electric one was in the flat and the gas one downstairs in one of the sheds.

Hi Kirill

It sounds like you may have an issue somewhere as I also live in Crescent House and think the energy bills are quite low, I'm with EDF and they have just informed me that I am now eligible to have smart meters installed so check with your energy supplier.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Paul Lincoln.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service