Imagine Golden Lane and Community Cafe next Saturday at Under Crescent House

April 27, 2024 from 2pm to 4pm
Saturday
Paul Lincoln posted an event

Imagine Golden Lane and Community Cafe next Saturday at Under Crescent House

April 27, 2024 from 2pm to 4pm
Saturday

Facebook

There are four Golden Lane Estate related facebook accounts and you can follow them here: goldenlaneEC1 

Golden Lane Estate / RCS site 

Save Bernard Morgan House

City of London

Hello, as a leaseholder for almost 5 years on the estate (Hatfield House) I'm looking to remortgage to stay longer, however all of the lending banks are asking for an "EWS1 Form".

• The "EWS1 Form" has become a requirement for some blocks in the UK (but not for any on Golden Lane Estate) since the Grenfell Tower fire disaster. It checks that any cladding is safe
    • Golden Lane Estate has no cladding with any of the flammable materials listed in the EWS1 survey, so the lending banks are being excessively "cautious" here
    • It appears GLE doesn't have any documentation of this because it was all built in the 50s/60s and has not been touched since
  • Despite this, almost all banks are refusing a (re)mortgage without this form for Hatfield Hous
  • My understanding is that getting an EWS1 survey and form takes months and quite a large fee (thousands of pounds)

Has anyone managed to (re)mortgage on the estate recently and find a way around this EWS1 Form request?

Or is anyone going through similar issues and we could work together to find a solution?! 

Also, the above is a warning for anyone planning to (re)mortgage...it seems difficult to do that or even sell at the moment

Thanks in advance!

George

*UPDATE FOR ANYONE READING THIS THREAD:* I managed to resolve this in early 2022 by learning that a few lenders aren't as strong the EWS1. Happy to provide more info if you DM me

Views: 480

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes. I imagine they were counting basement. Over 5 floors in a block of our type is not acceptable under some lenders’ policies
Seen that fire risk assessment, yes thanks. The message is clear but I understand no lenders will pay any attention to that
Really useful to have that letter for why an EWS1 isn’t needed. Might take a while to get but once we have one, other leaseholders in the block can probably use it!!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Paul Lincoln.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service