Latest Activity

Christine Clifford posted a discussion
Tuesday
Yuriko Nakano posted an event

Free event: SWORDS Showcase - Hypnotic Spoken Words from Romania at Barbican Library

March 14, 2024 from 6pm to 7pm
Mar 5
An event by GLE Website Comms Team was featured
Thumbnail

Differently Various Art Exhibition at different spaces

March 5, 2024 to April 7, 2024
Mar 5
GLE Website Comms Team posted an event
Thumbnail

Variously Different Art Exhibition at different spaces

March 5, 2024 to April 7, 2024
Mar 5

Facebook

There are four Golden Lane Estate related facebook accounts and you can follow them here: goldenlaneEC1 

Golden Lane Estate / RCS site 

Save Bernard Morgan House

City of London

A big thank you to our Alderman, David Graves, for coming over from the Barbican to check on our welfare at Richard Cloudsley.

A big thank you to Ian Dowsett for giving up a chunk of his day off to help marshall us.

A big thank you to the staff at Richard Cloudsley for housing us and tea & sympathy.

Is it fixed?  Or just the leaking section isolated?

Views: 294

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My thanks to to the gas contractors and the gas operative who was first to arrive on Saturday morning.  He worked at speed to identify the source of the leak and acted quickly and bravely to alert residents. I spoke to residents who first  assembled near the Hatfield lawn and there was a general concern expressed that none of the  City emergency telephone numbers worked - people were put through to voicemail.  I don’t know how accurate this account was....  I think the gas contractor and the City of London Police were excellent and quick-acting. And if course a big thank you to Gary Maker and Theo Skerrit who work for Richard Cloudesley school. The request to shelter residents came from the City of London Police who went to the school just as the Saturday club children were leaving - Gary responded to the request immediately. 

I don’t know the cause of the gas leak but I am concerned that it was related to the demolition works on the old Richard Cloudesley site. I am also concerned  that the contractor did not appear to have a manager on site on Saturday morning. On Friday the vibrations and shaking from the works was very strong and I understand that the source of the gas leak was close to where a hole was dug. Probably best not to jump to conclusions or make hasty judgements. Let’s hope that we receive a full explanation and an aussurance that the site has been surveyed properly to check main service connections to Basterfield House. Before 1963 the site was a world war 2 bomb site and I understand that the school was built on a concrete slab. 

OMG- just read Paul Murtagh's letter of 14/12/2018.

Demolition work to start again on 17th December.... a meeting to discuss concerns very early in the new year!  Might we be on the streets again over Christmas?

What provision for shelter is planned if they do something so dangerous again?

His 'private and confidential' letter confirming that the leak was caused by the demolitions is at 

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/356220758?profi...

RSS

© 2024   Created by Paul Lincoln.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service