welcome

The Golden Lane Estate website is run by GLE residents (GLE website comms team) and supported by the Golden Lane Residents' Association.

The forums are moderated.  Any comments which appear to be abusive or potentially libellous or which contravene the terms of service under which the site is licensed by the service provider Ning will be removed. 

Privacy Policy

Forum

GOLDEN LANE RESIDENTS' ASSOCIATION

Discussion of matters arising from GLERA.

79 discussions

RCS SITE CITY OF LONDON ACADEMY AND HOUSING

Plans for developing the Richard Cloudsley site

46 discussions

BERNARD MORGAN HOUSE

Plans for developing the Bernard Morgan House site.

16 discussions

COMMENT ON GOLDEN LANE

Comment on all aspects of Golden Lane life

1155 discussions

ESTATE OFFICE ANNOUNCEMENTS

Announcements from the Estate Office.

356 discussions

ITEMS FOR SALE OR RECYCLE

Personal items for sale or recycling

176 discussions

HEALTH & WELLBEING

12 discussions

@GoldenLaneEC1

Text Box

Facebook

There are two Golden Lane Estate related facebook accounts and you can follow them here:

GLERA and City of London

Now that we have a date for a General Election, June 8th

It seems a good idea to see what folk want regarding manifesto promises, putting aside the matter of whether they are worth the paper they are printed on.

There is so much to list. So I will just make a start and maybe others can add.

Housing: more Council Housing and more genuinely first time buyer housing, actions to protect both good private landlords and good tenants

Health and social care. With my own daughter dependent on this it's an absolute priority. Those I know working in the health service tell me how bad the cuts are affecting safety in NHS England.

Brexit. I am almost scared to go there.

Infrastructure and investment in sustainable work, in energy, in transport

Stagnant wages, small businesses and the self employed, the gig economy

What would make your ideal manifesto ?

Maybe keep this discussion to policies rather than parties and personalities?

Views: 133

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

For a start write off the PFI contracts that are crucifying the NHS and other social bodies.

Cancel Trident (not our finger on the trigger anyway).

Nationalise the railways and utilities but this time give employees a stake in the industries so they won't be on strike all the time. Think they call it the John Lewis Model.

Agree about social housing but with the caveat that unless the homes are kept in good nick they're out.

Out with HS2 as well and look again at the finance and building arrangements for any new nuclear power stations.

Thanks Nick

Why scared to talk about Brexit?  Is it the uncertainty of how good a deal we will get out of it when we finally leave the EU? 

Haha I suppose because I have seen online elsewhere how divisive it can be. But you are right Brexit is a hugely important matter.

I am scared of a hard Brxit and voted to remain. So am looking for the best deal for all of us

Hi.  I voted to leave, but I think we all want the best deal for our country.  Fingers crossed!!

Christo said:

Haha I suppose because I have seen online elsewhere how divisive it can be. But you are right Brexit is a hugely important matter.

I am scared of a hard Brxit and voted to remain. So am looking for the best deal for all of us
Seen this Nick https://tompride.wordpress.com/2017/04/23/theresa-mays-secret-plans...

Nick Lee said:

For a start write off the PFI contracts that are crucifying the NHS and other social bodies.

Cancel Trident (not our finger on the trigger anyway).

Nationalise the railways and utilities but this time give employees a stake in the industries so they won't be on strike all the time. Think they call it the John Lewis Model.

Agree about social housing but with the caveat that unless the homes are kept in good nick they're out.

Out with HS2 as well and look again at the finance and building arrangements for any new nuclear power stations.

This is what councils are up against on May 4th. People suffered get local cuts and blaming their r Labour council when the reality is massive, near lethal cuts but government.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/apr/25/spending-on-council...

I am not sure if e intention was the death of local councils or a by product of the obsession with 'austerity'
The care crisis as an opportunity. Don't let anyone tell you our public services are safe
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/jeremy-hunt-says-britains-care...

The cuts in public service will of course lead to people complaining (and suing where possible - poor old NHS) which of course will lead to the private sector coming along and saying we can do things better. Which it can't without massive subsidies and huge expense to the public.

Hi.  May I ask what appears to be a dumb question Christo?  You said on the link I put up by the Daily Mail, that you don't read any mainstream media, but then how do you put up these media articles without reading them first? 

Christo said:

RSS

© 2018   Created by Paul Lincoln.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service